Chairman’s Report: Addingham Civic Society’s AGM 16th of June 2016.
The report is a much shorter one this time as it only covers a 6 month period from Nov 2015 to June 2016. The reason being is that we changed our year end to the 31st of May as well as bringing our Membership year in line. The Financial year end being the 31st of March.
The meeting was short and very straightforward. The minutes have been prepared by our Hon Secretary and will be presented for agreement at next year’s AGM on the 18th of May.
The Minutes of the 19th of Nov and the EGMon the 25th of February were both proposed as agreed and seconded with no matters arising. The Finance report was also proposed as agreed and seconded, once again, with no matters arising.
The existing Officers and Trustees all agreed to stand again for election. There were no other nominations and they were all unanimously re-elected.
I then gave a review of the previous 6 months on behalf of the Trustees. Firstly, as in previous years I thanked everyone who had contributed in some way to a very successful and productive 6 months. There were just too many to name individually, although I would like to recognise the hard work undertaken by my fellow Trustees and thank them.
There were of course a number activities and achievements undertaken over the 6 month period and I have highlighted the main ones below: (in no particular order)
- We launched 2 new Society publications: Main St Memories and William ‘Bill’ Bradley.
- A very successful April Spring Fayre and a wonderful Bradford Accordion Band concert in the same month.
- We presented the Addingham Community Library with the 2016 Civic Pride Award.
- The 5thBlue Plaque was unveiled at the Old Saw Mill.
- Our revised Constitution was finally completed. Big relief all round.
- The new lease for the MUGA was agreed and signed by the Parish Council.
- We strengthened our Planning sub-group under the leadership of Malcolm Keeble.
- A major development was the formation of an Environmental group under the guidance of Rick Battarbee. This newly formed ‘Green Team’ are excited about the challenges ahead.
Sadly I reminded everyone that Pam Drury our Membership Secretary passed away after a long battle with cancer.
So, that’s it for now and we now look forward to another exciting, productive and above all a fun filled 12 months ! This report will be loaded onto the Society’s website.