With the various changes to our ‘timetable’ (AGM, collecting subs, etc.) we were not able to give full details of our Members Meetings for 2017 when we printed the membership cards. We have now completed the programme and details are given below. We will publish this list in our Members Jan 2017 Newsletter.
Please make a note of these and we look forward to seeing you throughout the year, everyone is of course welcome. Again, we have tried to provide a varied and hopefully an enjoyable series of Meetings:
- Jan 19th: Catherine Snape and ‘The 1826 weavers riots and the Horsfall connections’.
- Feb 9th: Jean Robinson and ‘The ‘Raikes road burial ground: a Victorian cemetery in Skipton’.
- March 16th: John Clithero and ‘The lives and musicals of Rodgers and Hammerstein’.
- April 20th: The Heritage Boys: A special concert.
- May 18th: Andrew Lund and ‘Discovering the wartime secrets of Scapa Flow’ plus our Annual General Meeting.
- June 22nd: Bradford Accordion Band and a ‘Summer Concert’.
- July 20th: Dr Elizabeth Milwain and ‘Understanding Dementia’.
- No August Meeting
- Sept 21st: A society ‘Environmental Evening’. Just a bit different.
- Oct 19th: Joyce Hill and ‘The Vikings in Yorkshire’.
- Nov 16th: Addingham Ceilidh Club. A lively evening.
All meetings take place on a Thursday evening in the Memorial Hall, Main Street, Addingham at 7.30pm. Non members are very welcome, on payment of a small £3 entrance fee.